Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices.
At Skyscanner, we are organized into squads (cross-discipline teams which execute against a specific goal) and tribes (logical groupings of squads). Data scientists work in a distributed manner across the business solving challenging projects like new product features/improvements, discovering insights from data and building a world class platform to deliver machine learning solutions at scale. Data Scientists at Skyscanner are working on exciting projects such as hotel and flight ranking, destination discovery using image recognition, using models to speed up flight search across 1000+ partners, among many other data rich projects.
You can expect to formulate ideas, develop prototypes and work with engineers to implement models in live production systems that impact tens of millions of travelers around the globe.
The role will include:
- Process large amounts of data from multiple sources and extract relevant insights.
- Research new ways of modeling data for actionable insights and product improvements.
- Perform statistical analyses and build machine learning solutions to support Skyscanner product and business needs.
- Partner closely with product, engineering and growth to solve quantitative problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Design agile and rigorous experiments to measure effectiveness of models, tools and programs.