1 in 4 local children are living in poverty. Please help us make their Christmas Day special this year.
Last year, £1 million was raised in gifts and cash and made Christmas special for over 18,000 local children, can we do even better this year?
Mission Christmas will endeavour to provide over 20,000 children in Edinburgh, The Lothian’s and Fife, with a gift to wake up to on Christmas morning. These children are living in poverty and would otherwise go without. We’re asking you to buy an extra present that we can give to a disadvantaged local child to make their Christmas morning special.
We need new and unwrapped gifts suitable for children and young people aged 0-18 years.
- We especially struggle with gifts for older teenagers, we would accept gadgets, smelly sets, perfumes, aftershaves, jewellery etc. for this age group.
- We ask that all gifts are new and unused as it is against our health and safety to give out used toys.
- We also have to keep it fair as we have families of children and wouldn’t want some children to get used toys and some to get brand new.
- We accept soft toys, electrical items etc.
- It is our job to make sure that the children who receive the gifts will be able to use them so really there is not much we wouldn’t accept.
There are other ways to participate too, or you can just make a donation find out more.
Together we can make a difference to local children this Christmas.
If you would like to help support Cash for Kids Mission Christmas appeal, you can donate at our drop off point:
The Data Lab,
15 South College Street,
Please note that Mission Christmas require all gifts to be at their distribution centre no later than 15th December.
*UPDATE*: We are especially struggling for gifts for the following age groups:
BOYS AGE: 0-6months,6-12months ,1-2, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-18.
GIRLS AGE: 0-6months,6-12months, 1-2, and 9-11.