As Senior Data Engineer, you will improve BlackRock’s product and services suite by creating, expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture. You will act as architecture lead on a multi-discipline, multi-region team of data scientists, engineers, and investment professionals on a corporate-wide set of client, investor, and operational problems. You will create and operationalize data pipelines to enable squads to deliver high quality data-driven product. You will be accountable for managing high-quality datasets exposed for internal and external consumption by downstream users and applications. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to be the lead architect that creates, optimizes, or redesigns data pipelines to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Lead in the creation and maintenance of optimized data pipeline architectures on large and complex data sets.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet BlackRock business requirements.
- Act as lead to Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements and relay to relevant technology organization.
- Work with stakeholders to assist in the data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Automate manual ingest processes and optimize data delivery subject to service level agreements; work with infrastructure on re-design for greater scalability.
- Keep data separated and segregated according to relevant data policies.
- Work with data scientists to develop data ready tools to support their job.
- Assist in the development of business recommendations with effective presentation of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders using visual analytic displays of quantitative information. Communicate findings with stakeholders as necessary.